Created by a chef and a food marketer in 2016, AVA is a Vancouver-based IoT agtech startup on a mission to unlock the green thumb in anyone. We invented AVA Byte, the world's smartest indoor garden, to empower apartment-dwellers to grow delicious, organic food right at home, all year round, faster than soil.
High growth startup with an office located in central Vancouver, our office is full of great books, delicious healthy snacks, and some really cool technology. Play around with our 3D printers, robot arms, and thermal cameras, or come out for lunch with an entire team of foodies. Have your own dedicated workstation, join us in team building activities, and access to training and development.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the leadership team to ensure both critical initiatives and day to day operations are executed flawlessly
- Manage multiple complex executive calendars and email inboxes, flagging important emails to respective colleagues, reducing clutter from spam
- Coordinate internal and external meetings - provide meeting support and follow-up, greeting guests
- Facilitate executive travel, both domestic and international - organize flights, ground transportation, accommodations, and travel schedules
- Complete and submit expense reports
- Develop and implement streamlined processes and procedures
- Oversee all daily office functions to ensure the team has an effective and satisfying work environment
- Get creative in ordering delicious, healthy snacks and drinks for employees or planning team outings and dinners
- Manage relationship with outside vendors and handle any service requests
- Proactively order equipment and supplies, manage and monitor service levels
- Assist with special projects; take on additional duties as needed
We encourage you to apply even if you do not think you meet all of the qualifications.
- 3+ years of administrative or virtual assistant
- Bachelor degree in arts, communications or business preferred
What We're Looking For
- Someone to become an integral part of the leadership team, willing to grow into a larger role if necessary
- Smart, proactive, preemptive and autonomous, you should be able to learn how to anticipate our needs
- Extremely organized, great memory, laser-focused on details
- Ability to work at a fast-paced environment, and adapt to changing circumstances
- Respectful of confidentiality, as we will be dealing with passwords, logins, and sensitive information
- Friendly personality, because sometimes you'll have to help us put out fires or deal with difficult situations
- Great at budget and coordination, ensuring smooth travels, trips, and meetings
- Able to work with little direction, meet deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple and mixed priorities
- Creative and resourceful problem-solver, exercising good judgement, discretion and confidentiality
- Professional and polished in representing the AVA Brand
- Technically savvy with great English ability, and exceptionally skilled in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project), Google Suite (Google Calendar, Gmail, Drive), Slack, Trello, and other organizational tools.
AVA is dedicated to creating products that empower people to enrich the planet. Transparent, free-from foods have never been more important, and yet most store-bought produce still comes in plastic packaging, from unclear sources, laced with pesticides, and improperly labelled. So, we set out to create AVA Byte, a smart indoor gardening technology that allows anyone, anywhere to grow their own food in less time than traditional agriculture, with better flavour, more sustainably than even organic. Who wouldn't want better tasting tomatoes and kale, without any pesticides?
||April 30, 2018
|Anticipated Start Date
||May 15, 2018