6 Hacks for Boosting Your Productivity for Your At-Home Quarantine
BY TEAM AVA
MARCH 19, 2020
Work-From-Home (WFH) can be a big adjustment during this time of social distancing and quarantine. First putting yourself into a healthy routine, remembering to sleep your normal hours, getting some movement into your day, not over-snacking and most importantly, setting up an environment to be productive.
You don’t need to leave your house to recreate nature indoors. House plants are a great alternative to bring a little green into your space. It can be extremely helpful and therapeutic during the winter season, but also during this time of social distancing. Putting some house plants into your home will bring you ease and help boost your WFH productivity.
Plants are more than just interior decor. They have so many other benefits that you don't think about. Whether it’s a houseplant in your living area or plants that you grow herbs and greens in the kitchen area, a couple of plants will brighten up any space.
Here are many benefits to owning house plants for your WFH environment:
1. Bring us happiness: Studies have shown that house plants improve stress levels and boost mood by 15%. Plants make us feel good mentally while creating a happy ambient environment. Just adding three indoor plants into your home or business will enhance the mood and sharpen your focus. Increase the number of plants reduces the feeling of boredom.
2. Create a space of optimal performance: A Norwegian study found that workers’ performance was greatly improved in the presence of plants in the office. Brief exposure to nature has been shown to have altruistic effects on us. It helps improve our productivity, increased memory retention, concentration, and creativity.
3. Produce oxygen: Inhaling brings oxygen into the body, exhaling releases carbon dioxide into the air. During photosynthesis, plants do the opposite by absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen. That’s why they make great companions to your home. Having indoor plants brings fresh oxygen into your living area and creates better air circulation.
4. Remove air toxins: Indoor air pollution is often unavoidable and is generally caused by building materials, airborne mold, viruses, dust, and minimal air circulation. Indoor plants help reduce the level of certain pollutants and toxins cleansing the air. It also helps reduce the airborne dust levels, which makes them great for those with allergies.
5. Help keep you healthy: When you have plants in your home they are transpiring and creating humidity in your rooms. Using plants in interior spaces will keep your skin moist during those drier months of the year. With a higher amount of humidity created by the indoor plants, it will help prevent colds, sore throats and dry coughs.
6. Therapeutic: Plants are medicine and have great therapeutic benefits. Studies show when plants are placed in a hospital or recovery room, they have the ability to capture the attention of the patient producing a calming effect. Viewing plants during a recovery period will help alleviate pain, anxiety and fatigue.
Nowadays it has become common for people to collect and care for plants. Often we over or underwater or plants, leave them in dark places or just forget about them. The AVA Byte will grow perfect herbs in your home every time. It is a no-hassle, all year round growing experience.
The AVA Byte is the world’s smartest garden. The AVA Byte technology paired with our flavourful pod pack that uses water to grow. AVA provides the fastest, healthiest, and most successful growth rate. This urban agricultural experience integrates Ai software with a sleek design making the AVA Byte unique of its kind.