How to Detox with Parsley
BY TEAM AVA
JANUARY 7, 2020
You have purchased the AVA Byte Gourmet Italian Herb pod pack. Now your smart indoor garden is ready to harvest. You have yourself a nice bunch of parsley. But what does parsley do for you? And how can it be consumed? Parsley is more than just a garnish, not only is it a delicious ingredient to cook with but is packed with powerful nutrients for your body.
Parsley is more than just garnish it carries incredible health benefits:
• It is packed with fibre, vitamin A, C, K Folate and Potassium.
• Parsley is an incredible source of folic acid which is an important B vitamin.
• It is high in antioxidants, which are a compound that prevents cell damage from molecules called free radicals.
• It is a great source of Vitamin K, which is an important nutrient to help build strong and healthy bones.
• It improves your immune function.
• Beats inflammation diseases, helps with allergies and high blood pressure.
• It can help improve your heart health and reduce your risk of heart disease.
• Promote blood sugar control - parsley can help support better blood sugar control, and de
• Reduces your risk of cancer. Parsley contains compounds that have anti-cancer effects. The antioxidants and vitamin C reduces oxidative stress in your body and can lower your risk of certain cancers.
• It can help protect your eyes and promote healthy vision.
HOW TO PREPARE AND USE PARSLEY:
• First, wash your parsley, and let it dry. Remove the leaves from the stems and cut it up. Italian flat-leaf parsley is great in cooking and can be added to a hot dish at the end of the cooking process. Adding it too early will lose its taste and nutritional value.
• Chop parsley with onions and tomatoes. Add a little bit of bulgur, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper for the classic Middle Eastern salad tabouli.
• Add parsley with garlic, lemon zest and salt to use as a rub on chicken, salmon or lamb.
• Parsley in soups, salads, and vegetable sauté is great.
• Add parsley to your favourite pesto recipe.
• Parsley can be added to any kind of salad.
• Or better yet add parsley to your daily green smoothie.
• If you’re feeling cold, have a parsley tea with a squeeze of lemon.
PARSLEY DETOX SMOOTHIE RECIPE:
• 2 cups parsley chopped
• 2 cups cucumber, chopped
• 3 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 apple chopped
• 1 celery stick
• 1 tablespoon grated ginger
• 2 cups of water
Once everything is chopped up, blend it and pour it into your cup to enjoy!
• Boil 1 cup of water
• Rinse and chop fresh parsley leaves
• Add cut-up lemon
• Add water
• Add 1 tablespoon honey
TABOULI / TABBOULEH RECIPE:
• Squeeze a lemon, add olive oil, salt, and pepper with 1/4 cup of bulgar into a bowl. Set aside and let soak for 15 minutes.
• Wash and dry parsley. Finely chop up two bunches of parsley.
• Dice up one or two tomatoes and one small onion.
• Add some chopped mint leaves.
• Mix together chopped greens with bulgur and gently toss to combine.
• Serve cold and use lettuce leaves to scoop the tabouli.
The AVA Byte is the world’s smartest garden. The AVA Byte technology paired with our flavourful pod pack that uses water to grow. AVA provides the fastest, healthiest, and most successful growth rate. This urban agricultural experience integrates Ai software with a sleek design making the AVA Byte unique of its kind.
Reserve Your AVA Byte Smart Garden.
Learn more about us, to discover why you should get growing with a smart indoor garden, how it helps save you money in an urban city, and makes your life better. Looking to start an indoor garden or bring up your productivity during WFH trying to find more ways to get sustainable at home and in the kitchen take a read of our blog.