Tips To Spruce Up Your Dream Home with House Plants
BY TEAM AVA
APRIL 9, 2020
During this strange time where we all find ourselves spending more time at home than ever before, it can be helpful to maximize your space for productivity and happiness. A great way to add some liveliness to your home is by decorating with plants. Besides being great interior decor, plants have a variety of positive effects on our minds and bodies. It is proven that they purify the air of toxins, reduce dust levels and have therapeutic benefits.
If you find yourself wanting to plant some peace in your home but aren’t sure how to incorporate greenery into your design style, you can check out the mood boards FTD created to help you visualize how to decorate your home with plants! Large indoor plants can truly transform every space regardless of the design aesthetics.
SLEEK SCANDINAVIAN SPACE:
1. If you love the simplicity and your home has a Scandinavian influence, plants like rubber trees can add a pop of color to your otherwise light color palette. Rubber plants can grow up to ten feet indoors and are known to be excellent air purifiers.
BOHEMIAN BEDROOM JUNGLE:
2. In a bohemian style home, plants are key. The warm colours and jewel tones that define a bohemian space can be enhanced by adding natural elements such as large cacti. You can also build a jungalow corner with smaller plants like succulents or aloe vera that transforms your room into a true personal oasis.
INDUSTRIAL LOFTS STYLE:
3. Large industrial lofts need large plants or elevated planters to make a lasting impression. You can mix planter materials like wood, concrete or metal to achieve an interesting look in an otherwise neutral environment or plant a swiss cheese plant that can grow up to eight feet high in front of an exposed brick wall. The green elements will definitely add depth and life to your space.
4. A farmhouse style home can benefit from adding small potted plants to shelves and other surfaces. Great options for this design style are lavender and jasmine. They add just the touch of color (and scent!) that you want between the rustic wood and vintage metal elements. Adding a few larger indoor plants like fiddle leaf figs or olive trees can add to the cozy aesthetic of a farmhouse style home. Both plants enjoy a good amount of sunlight and while they will likely not carry any fruit, they are beautiful to look at and add charm to your space.
HOME OFFICE OASIS:
5. Home Office: If you find yourself working from home and could use some more greenery in your home office, it’s best to decorate with plants that are easy to maintain and won’t distract you with their neediness. Snake plants don’t require much sunlight or watering and are the perfect companion while you are working from home.
Whatever design style makes your heart happy, there are plants for every gardening level that will fit perfectly in your home and help you miss the outdoors a little less!
Elevate your space with our AVA Byte! Our Smart Garden technology offers faster, healthier and the highest success growth rate. This urban agricultural experience, integrated AI software, and the sleek design make the AVA Byte unique of its kind. Read more of our blog to learn about us to discover why you should get growing with a smart indoor garden, how it helps save you money in an urban city and makes your life better.
Reserve Your AVA Byte Smart Garden.
About Our Writer:
Mona Freund grew up in Germany, spend some time on the East Coast and has now found her home in sunny San Diego. When she's not creating content, she can be found at the beach, in the kitchen baking chocolate chip cookies, or on the balcony talking to her tomato plant 'Hank' to help him grow faster.