Created by a chef and a food marketer in 2016, AVA is a Vancouver-based IoT agtech startup on a mission to unlock the green thumb in anyone. We invented AVA Byte, the world's smartest indoor garden, to empower apartment-dwellers to grow delicious, organic food right at home, all year round, faster than soil.
High growth startup with an office located in central Vancouver, our office is full of great books, delicious healthy snacks, and some really cool technology. Play around with our 3D printers, robot arms, and thermal cameras, or come out for lunch with an entire team of foodies. Have your own dedicated workstation, join us in team building activities, and access to training and development.
What You'll Do
- Create, build, and publish content for all of AVA’s digital platforms from website, newsletter, blog, social media, to app
- Work with Marketing Communication Lead to develop a content schedule and manage daily updates to keep our customers up-to-date and engaged
- Research interesting topics, curate news, write thought leadership pieces, take photos, and run AMAs
- Find and work with thought leaders, influencers, and celebrities to join the conversations through guest blogging, podcasts, cross promotion, social media
- Develop, create and deploy content across all digital outlets for the website
- Edit and proofread copy for website, app, packaging
- Ability to produce content in writing, photo, video formats
We encourage you to apply even if you do not think you meet all of the qualifications.
- 3+ years of marketing, content production, copywriting, and/or graphic design experience
- Bachelor degree in arts, communications or business
- Preference for specific studies in marketing, events, PR, media, communications, and/or arts
What We're Looking For
- Experience in copywriting, asset creation, and blogging
- Track record in producing engaging content that grows brand awareness and equity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, from developing a brand voice to spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Meticulous attention to details; strong organizational skills
- Proven track record of success producing digital content in food, ag, tech
- Familiarity with a variety of online marketing concepts, best practices and procedures
- Strong analytical, prioritization, problem-solving and negotiating skills to identify ROI for marketing initiatives
- Ability to work fast and produce consistent, high quality content, knowing how to prioritize and plan ahead of time
- Cooking, food blogging, and influencer marketing experience highly sought after
- Working experience with Medium, Photoshop/equivalent photo editing software, Premiere/equivalent video editing software, MS Office, Google Suite
- A passion for food - eating it, cooking it, looking at it, growing it
- As a startup, we all wear many different hats; roll up your sleeves, try something new, and get growing with the AVA team!
AVA is dedicated to creating products that empower people to enrich the planet. Transparent, free-from foods have never been more important, and yet most store-bought produce still comes in plastic packaging, from unclear sources, laced with pesticides, and improperly labelled. So, we set out to create AVA Byte, a smart indoor gardening technology that allows anyone, anywhere to grow their own food in less time than traditional agriculture, with better flavour, more sustainably than even organic. Who wouldn't want better tasting tomatoes and kale, without any pesticides?
Please provide a sample of your copywriting and portfolio (any graphic design, video, or writing).
||April 30, 2018
|Anticipated Start Date
||May 15, 2018